Feather & Leather Moccasin Boots – Custom Moccasins – Earth Boots – Women's Boots – Fairy Moccasins – Forest Pixie Boots – Feather Design by SoulPathShoes
If you're looking for unique, handmade boots or moccasins that are a step ahead in artistry, comfort and durability, these custom West Coast Moccasins may have your name on them… and your feet will love you for it! Not all moccasins are created equal… and yes, ALL of my MOCCASIN BOOTS are CUSTOM FITTED and CUSTOM DESIGNED to your specifications. Each pair I make is a one-of-a-kind creation made for you!
I offer a simple and effective method of making custom fitted boots available to customers worldwide. Upon purchase I will send you a short video in which I walk you through the process of casting your own foot and calf! This method is superior to measurements, as I will have an exact 3-dimensional replica of your foot and leg, from which I will create an individual pattern and make your perfect fitting moccasin boots!
To see examples of options, leather color swatch, buttons, and itemized pricing, or to proceed with your custom order, please visit the custom order form:
Upon filling out the form you may purchase one of my listings as a deposit, or request that I create a private listing by clicking on "request a custom order" below the main photo in any of my Etsy shop listings.
** The price listed here is the BASE PRICE for a custom moccasin of that height (number of buttons determines height). It DOES NOT INCLUDE extra options in the photos of this listing or any other listing. Please read on for more details, or visit the custom order form link above for itemized pricing of extra options.
INCLUDED in every pair of these moccasin boots is:
– a custom and individually patterned moccasin for a perfect fit
– your choice of main color, trim and heel cap colors,
– your choice of buttons (Fleur de Lys #3 & #4 buttons included at no extra charge, others are priced individually as an extra option). See photo for selection.
– a removable insole of wool felt & orthotic cushioning on a leather base (arch support optional)
– a traditional moccasin full leather outer sole (Vibram rubber sole is an extra option)
Choices of color for Buffalo leather (main body and trim): Chocolate, Tan, Tobacco, Redwood, Green, and Black. I also offer Red, Purple & Black in Bull Hide.
The 8-9 ounce Buffalo or Bull Hide leather is 2-3 times thicker than average boots or moccasins common on the market, and many times more durable. For most people and normal use these are liftetime boots! (for further reading, see below after pricing)
NOT INCLUDED in Base Price are these Custom Options:
– Arch support: $ 20
– Vibram rubber sole: $ 49
– Peaked or Irregular top line: $ 39
– Outer sole extra cushion layer: $ 29
– Full piping: $ 49 (2-4 button), $ 69 (5-8 button)
– Half piping (top only): $ 35 (2-4 button), $ 49(5-8 button)
* Piping is a thin strip of leather wrapped tightly over an exposed edge of the main boot leather, such as the top line or in the opening on the side where the buttons are.
– Toe cap: $ 59
– Buttons: Any from selection $ 5 each (except #3 &4 which are included in base price).
* I am now happily offering my own handmade leather or special local Arbutus wood buttons.
– Leather Buttons: $ 5ea (made of sturdy soling leather)
– Arbutus Buttons: $ 6 ea (natural), or $ 7 dyed (any color). These have become my favorite, as I make them myself from locally collected Arbutus wood, which is beautiful and very hard, and unique to the Pacific Northwest.
– Irregular trim: $ 29 – $ 49, Fancy trim or artwork (request a quote)
– Extra trim layers: $ 39 – $ 59
– Cuff (straight): $ 69 Cuff (natural edge): $ 89
– Custom artwork or designs: $ 40/hour (please contact me with your ideas for an estimate)
Base prices for all my custom moccasins – per button (height):
2 button moccasin: $ 310 (5" – ankle bootie)
3 button moccasin: $ 360 (6.75" – above ankle, short boot)
4 button moccasin: $ 410 (8.5" – short boot)
5 button moccasin: $ 460 (10.25" – mid calf)
6 button moccasin: $ 510 (12" – mid calf to tall boot)
7 button moccasin: $ 560 (13.75" – upper calf, knee high)
8 button moccasin: $ 610 (15.5" – tall knee high)
9 button moccasin: $ 660 (17.25" – extra tall knee high)
Above the knee (thigh high boots), 9-11 buttons: contact me for quote & design ideas.
* Please note, the estimated turnaround time for custom orders right now is approximately 6 months. This estimate varies from week to week. If you have a specific deadline, please check with me when you are ready, and I will do my best to accommodate you.
* For more information on Soul Path Shoes moccasin boots, read on…
This distinguished and artistic form of artisan footwear combines elements of Native American moccasin making, bespoke shoe making in the European tradition, modern innovative techniques and the highest quality natural materials. The American tanned full grain Bison leather and Bull hide that I select for these moccasins combines superior qualities of robust durability while maintaining exceptional suppleness for unequaled foot comfort.
Countless moccasin lovers have experienced a classic frustration when attempting to have a rubber sole "patched" onto their traditional leather moccasins, resulting in failure and disappointment. The reason to an experienced shoemaker is obvious: they simply weren't designed for it.
In Soul Path Shoes Moccasin Boots there is a "Gemini" mid-section, which is a full leather piece bonded and stitched with a welt to the upper of the moccasin and to a rubber mid-sole, thus allowing a proper bond to a rubber outer sole, such as the Vibram selection I offer. The photos in my listings will illustrate this. Other advantages of this construction are the space created for a removable insole, adding comfort, cushioning, and support; and the ease of re-soling the outer rubber sole without damaging the mid sections or moccasin uppers.
The Soul Path Shoes West Coast Moccasins offer a revolutionary innovation of superior construction, quality modern materials and the highest degree of craftsmanship and care to meet the needs of moccasin lovers today.
As a dedicated artisan shoemaker I approach my craft as an art and strive to walk the path with Soul in the art of living, self discovery, and self mastery. My personal mission at Soul Path Shoes is to offer you a level of quality, care and attention to detail in my work and service that is simply not available in most footwear today.